Power and Possibilities of Democracy and Politics (23/02/2019 to 25/02/2019)
The National Students’ Parliament, Kerala – 2019 aims to inculcate in youth a love for democratic values and the democratic way of life, and to instill a craving for democracy as a system, thought and vision. The focal points of discussion will cover faith and affinity towards politics and parliamentary democracy, plurality of thought, the essence and spirit of the Constitution, the need for ethics in public life, the vision of sustainable development and the emergence of an enlightened new world, through information gateways. This will be a mega-three day event with the participation of about 2000 students from various Universities within India. The National Students’ Parliament is proposed to be held from 23rd to 25th February 2019. The discussions will center around democracy, politics and the Constitution of India, and the Students’ Parliament aims to direct the power and possibilities of democracy and politics towards world peace and sustainable development.
- To spread and strengthen democratic values and the democratic way of life in all parts of the world through engagement with the youth.
- To support and strengthen civic learning for all children and encourage civic engagement by young people.
- Increase the participation of youth in decision making processes at all levels in society and governance.
- Promote the development of youth as global citizens by providing a platform for youth from all parts of the world to share their experiences, aspirations and best ways of dealing with their problems.
- Take the ideas and resolutions of the youth from the Student Parliament venue to state, national and international level governing bodies for action on them.
- Utilize the path-breaking and innovative ideas and practices of youth for world peace and sustainable and equitable development.
2000 Students from Universities in India.
Venues: Kerala Legislative Assembly Complex and Nishagandhi Auditorium
23.2.2019 Plenary Session – The Idea of India
Parallel Sessions :
- Secularism and Nationalism
- Caste and its Discontents
- Cultural Symbiosis in Indian Context
24.2.2019 Plenary Session – Youth and Politics – The Way Ahead
Parallel Sessions :
- New world, new education
- Neo Liberalism and the future of democracy
- Development and well being and the role of youth in achieving sustainable development goals.
25.2.2019 Valedictory Function will be held at Nishagandi Auditorium. March of over 5000 students to the auditorium will be followed by a cultural programme ‘Symphony for Harmony’ and the valedictory function. The programme concludes at 12pm
- Selected Students get an opportunity to address the delegates.
- Delegates get an opportunity to interact with persons from various walks of life.
- Youth to Youth Connect programme
- Selected students get an opportunity to showcase their talents.
- Cultural programmes on all days
Informal gatherings of groups of students to discuss and interact on a variety of topics – ‘Rings of Fire’.
|1.||Shri.Zacharia P. Samuel
0471 2512670 (Office)
0471 2512020 (Office)
|4.||Smt. Rajeswari R
0471 2512585 (Office)
|5.||Smt. Leena William
0471 2512341 (Office)
|6.||Shri. Abdul Majeed
0471 2512638 (Office)