The National Students Parliament is intended to inculate democratic values and instill a political culture and craving as a system, thought and vision. This is a mega three day event with the participation of about 2000 delegates. The focul points of discussion will cover faith and affinity towards politics and parliamentary democracy, plurality of thoughts , the essence and spirit of the Constitution needed of an enlightened new world, through information gateways .
Utilize the path breaking and innovative ideas and practices of youth for world peace and sustainable and equitable development.
- Selected students get an opportunity to address the delegates
- Delegates get an opportunity to interact with eminent persons from various walks of life
- Youth to Youth Connect programme
- Selected students get an opportunity to show case their talents
- Cultural programmes on all days
“Informal gatherings of groups of students to discuss and interact on a variety of topics-Rings of fire
The three day National Students parliament will commence on 23/02/2019 with a plenery session which should witnesss discussions on the topic “The Idea of india”. The plenary session will be followed by three parallel session . The second day of the conference will begin with the reporting plenary. After the reporting planery there will be three parallel session followed by a reporting plenary. The conference conclude with a plenary session on the topic “Youth and Politics”-The way Ahead.
One of the highlights of the conference is the informal open air gathering and discussion of delegates titled as Rings of Fire which will be held on 23rd and 24th February. The programme is intended to provide an opportunity for the students to interact with each other without the constraints of a formal gathering.
The valedictory function will be held at Nishagandhi Auditorium on 25.2.2019. “March Of Democracy” a procession of over 5000 students will make the occasion. This will be followed by cultural programmes and valedictory function.
This three day mega event is organized by the Centre for Parliamentary Studies and Training of the Kerala Legislative Assembly. The event is scheduled to commence on 23rd February 2019 and would conclude on 25th February 2019. there would be plenary sessions followed by discussions. The discussions would contemplate on the topics like faith and affinity towards politics and parliamentary democracy, plurality of thought, the essence and spirit of the Constitution, the need for ethics in public life, the vision of sustainable development and the emergence of an enlightened new world, through information gateways
- To spread and strengthen democratic values and the democratic way in all part of the world through engagement with the youth
- To support and strengthen civic learning for all children and encourage civic engagement by young people
- Increase the participation of youth in decision making process at all levels in society and governance
- Promote the development of youth as global citizens by providing a platform for youth from all parts of the world
- Take the ideas and resolutions and innovative ideas and practices of youth for world peace and sustainable and equitable development
Theme: Power and Possibilities of Democracy & Politics
|1.||Shri.Zacharia P. Samuel
0471 2512670 (Office)
0471 2512020 (Office)
|4.||Smt. Rajeswari R
0471 2512585 (Office)
|5.||Smt. Leena William
0471 2512341 (Office)
|6.||Shri. Abdul Majeed
0471 2512638 (Office)