Kerala is the state on the southwestern coast of India. Its culture and tradition made the state one of the most popular tourist destinations in India. For many travellers,, Kerala is south India’s most serenely beautiful state and a region of great natural beauty. Descending from the rocky highlands westward toward the coastal plain is a stretch of farmlands, with different crops cultivated at different elevations. Bharathapuzha , Periyar, Chalakudi and Pamaba are the main rivers that flows to the Arabian sea. The climate of Kerala is varies from season to season. Kerala has an endless list of tourist destinations.
Kerala famously known as “God’s own Country” is a tiny paradise consists with Backwaters, leafy coastlines, tea gardens etc. Kerala has an endless list of tourist destinations. The land of simple and literate citizens , Kerala amuses with its spectacular dance forms, music , handicraft. Kerala known is for long palm tree beaches, beautiful rivers , inland water bodies and a calm green and lovely hills. Surrounded by coconut trees , the long coastline provides amble opportunity for fishing. The backwaters, wildlife sanctuaries, mountain ranges and beaches, gave pleasure and refreshment .
Kerala has one of the most advanced educational systems and highest levels of literacy in India. Government provides free education up to Higher secondary level. Kerala has several universities, including the University of Kerala in Thiruvananthapuram, University of Health Sciences in Thrissur, The University of Calicut in Kozhikode, Cochin University of Science and Technology Kochi, and Kerala Agricultural University in Thrissur. Kerala Kalamandalam promoting classical dances and other art forms.
- Ponmudi:- Ponmudi is a hill station in the Thiruvanathapuram district. Peak is a part of the Western ghats mountain range that runs parallel to the Arabian sea. The travel along this stretch provides a thrilling experiences as drivers and riders have to navigate 22 hairpin turns. Ponmudi is also a popular spot for backpacking and trekking. Agasthyamala biosphere reserve, Kallar river Peppara wildlife sanctuaryetc are the main attractions of this place.
- Ashtamudi lake:- It is one of the famous tourist place in Kollam. It possesses a unique wetland ecosystem and a large palm shaped water body. The lake is also called the gateway to the back waters of Kerala and is well known for its houseboat and backwater resorts. The lake and the life on its shores have inspired many artists and writers. It has been the subject of many poems.
- Periyar National Park or Periyar tiger reserve is home to tigers , Elephant, sambar deer, leopards, and India Bison. Periyar lake is popular for boat rides. The park consists endangered flora and fauna. The park lies in the middle of cardamom hills. Periyar lake, Hill region, Cardamom hills, Forest regions are the main attraction.
- Alappuzha Beach: Alappuzha beach is the main tourist attraction in Kerala. Alappuzha light house situated near to the beach. Alappuzha beach festival is a famous event situated here. The state tourism department and Alleppy foundation conducted an International sand art festival on April 2015 in Alappuzha beach. Many National and International sand artists participated in event.
- Anathapuram Lake:- This is the only lake temple in Kerala. An interesting spot to keep in mind while visiting the temple is a cave to the right corner of the lake. The temple has an excellent collection of wood carvings . These carvings depict the incident taken from the stories of Dashavatharam.
- Munnar – Munnar has attracted tourists worldwide. Munnar hill staion famous for its tea estates. Tea plantations, peaks, dams are the other main stream attraction of this place. Munnar is also called the “Kashmir of South India”. Tourists come here to see the tea garden. The lakes, mountains, valleys & waterfalls provide best visual treat.
- Vagamon :- Vagamon is a hill station located in Kottayam Idukki border. The place famous place for trekking, paragliding, mountaineering and rock climbing. Green meadows, valleys, mists, fog are the specialty of this area. Three hills named Murugan, Thangal, Kurishumala represents cultural harmony. National Geographic Traveler has listed Vagamon non their directory of the “50 most attractive places to visit in India.
- Nelliyampathy : Nelliyampathi is a famous hill station situated in Palakkad district. Hair pin roads, coffee and tea plantations gave a wonderful visual treat. Empty street with sweet melodies of birds, honey combs, big trees, streams, small mountains are the catchy feature of Nelliyampathy. Pothundy dam, Nemmara village, Parambikulam Wildlife Sanctury, keseavan para are the main attraction of this place.